Welcome to PJW Racing, and riding
More than just a USA Cycling Track Race Club/Team
A bit of history to start. PJW Racing came into existence at the suggestion of a coach I had back when I first started to learn about Velodrome Racing at the National Sports Center in Blaine. The team started small, just me and my coach to begin with. The team gradually grew as we started to support some of the juniors who were learning track craft. As years went by, a few more mature riders joined in, so we became a masters team supporting juniors. I feel like we were a supportive, dedicated group of racers who loved the track and the excitement the track generated but also an independent group who could work as a team but also follow our own path. I would like to think that was a successful path.
Currently, with no velodrome and past team personal lives taking different paths, the race focus has become less important. Yes, we still have a few of us competing as USA Cycling licensed racers, Zwift Racers, other competitive efforts but I would like to think the team has morphed into a more inclusive group who are excited by bikes and the ability to ride and have fun as much as endure the extremes of competition.
Having said all that, welcome to the new PJW Racing team going forward in 2022. (Racing and Riding, equal measure)
(The team will still be a registered USA Cycling Team/Club. Incurs no expense to you unless you want to procure a USA Cycling Race license)
I would love to welcome any past members back into the team. What you need to join the team is a love of the bike and the joy and freedom it can bring to you. Just communicate your interest to me so I can update the 2022 roster.
Any of you who haven’t been considered part of the original track race team and would like to join, welcome as well.
Do you need to be a licensed USAC member or racer? No, you don’t. Can you be a licensed USAC licensed racer or rider, yes you can. Do you need to be a bike racer at all? No, you don’t. Do you need to enjoy riding a bike? Well, that is a definite yes. Ride a bike outside, ride a bike inside, ride a bike on rollers, ride a bike on virtual rides, ride a bike on a stationary trainer, ride a bike on the road, ride a bike on the trails, ride a bike on gravel, ride a bike on tours and charity rides, we don’t have much MTB experience, but you can ride there too. Just RIDE any kind of a bike and ENJOY the journey!
Why would you want to join? What’s in it for you besides great cycling friends? You can take advantage of as many or as few of these offers as you like.
- First, if you are new to the team, you get one free Pactimo Team Jersey. You also get a chance to purchase new team design kit/clothing from Pactimo at severely discounted pricing whenever we open a Pactimo Team Store. There are also periodic discounts on Pactimo branded clothing throughout the year. (If you don’t already know Pactimo is a Denver based cycling specific clothing company that is dedicated to quality cycling attire.)
- PJW Racing and Riding has other sponsors that offer a variety of discounted products.
- Pactimo cycling kit
- 10% discount on coaching services from my current coach Robert Ferguson, fergusoncoaching.co.uk
- Skratch Labs, hydration, and nutrition products.
- Fast Forward wheel sets of all kinds.
- Team Zealios personal body care products.
- Team Stages access to a variety of Stages power meter related products.
- There are other co-sponsors as well and the offers vary considerably. I am always looking for additional co-sponsors that will fit well with our team.
- Invites to team rides, team training camps, team winter season indoor via Zoom trainer rides.
- The chance to learn from each other and grow in our knowledge and enjoyment of bike related activities.
- A chance to explore ways to share the fun and functionality of bikes with others who might not have our same opportunities.
- A chance to connect with local diverse youth groups and share our knowledge about bikes and joy of riding bikes.
- Personally, I would like to be able to share what I’ve learned being addicted to cycling for over 30 years as a somewhat successful track racer with national and international results, as a USA Cycling race promoter and Level 3 coach and USA Cycling official.
If you think this new team fits your lifestyle, let me know. Based on your responses, I’ll be updating the team roster with a 2022 list of Team members and working on more team details over the winter. Hosting trainer rides free to you via Zoom is just one advantage. Make sure I know you have an interest in the trainer rides so I can make sure you are on the invite list. Have some friends that have a like biking interest, pass the Team and Trainer ride invites to them. I would like to think we are an inclusive and welcoming group.
Those of you who are not “Joiners” or are already on a Team and want to take advantage of group rides, Zoom Trainer rides, other fun events we host, you are welcome into our group of friendly cyclists anytime.
*Participation in any organized activity will require a signed waiver
Welcome to Rat Racer Coaching
Who is this?
Time for me, Pat, to start to share in all the wonderful experiences and knowledge I’ve acquired racing at velodromes around the USA and the World. Plus, I’ve been lucky to have some great coaches encourage and train me to get some personally rewarding results and experiences. I’ll share some of that knowledge as well.
Currently I host Zoom trainer rides at no charge for all levels of cycling enthusiasts. Connect with me to get a free invitation to any or all the upcoming rides. About an hour per event, ride at your own pace and intensity within a suggested structure for each ride. Check out the tab above for details.
Get The Latest News
Follow us on Facebook at PJW Racing LLC!
Minnesota Bike Races We Promote
Snow Bowl Fat Bike Race
2021 Canceled, Let’s Plan on 2022 when we all get healthy again. Stay Safe, wear a mask if not for you for others