Third Annual Fat Bike Event Conquers Ham Lake!
The first two editions were so much fun we plan to ride again. All the same great social festivities plus a snowmobile race is in the planning stages for 2020
The entire Ham Lake Snowbowl including the bike event is presented by Twin Cities Gateway and The Blaine Festival. With their support we will continue to have a great overall event.
The course will wind through Ham Lake Park, on trails, through scenic woods areas and on the open lake area (If frozen of course). There will be elevation changes and some obstacles easily negotiable by all racers. Approx. 2.5 mile laps, depending on lake ice conditions.
We are still trying to decide the length and categories but will have that soon.
All classes will ride together. All riders will be given a finish time.
10 Mile or 7 Laps but we reserve the right to adjust ride lengths and time out on the course based on weather conditions. Just remembering that last year was brutally cold.
Remember we have a big tent with heaters, food and beer to warm you up!
11:00 AM Registration Opens
11:45 Riders Meeting at the Start line
12:00 AM Start for all riders, staggered by classes
1:30 PM Fun times in the activity and food tent warming back up.
2:00 PM Award Presentations
Location, same as last year
Ham Lake City Park
1843 153rd Ave NE
Ham Lake, MN 55304
Registration is open, click the white link box below
USA Cycling/BikeReg. registration
Download the flyer
Ham Lake’s premier winter event is fun for the whole family. There’s something for everyone:
- The Snowbowl Fat Tire Race—brand new in 2018! In partnership with Pioneer Cycle.
- Winter Ruck, new this year, along the same course as the bike event, after bikers are done
- Ice Fishing Contest on Ham Lake—sponsored by the Three Rivers District Order of the Arrow.
- Snow Sculpture Contest—featuring award winning sculptors from all over the country, and even the world! Vote for your favorite.
- Broomball Tournament—bringing local teams together as well as those from surrounding states.
- Guess the Snow Sculpture Break-Through Date & Time and win cash!
- Follow clues to find the Snowbowl Medallion and win cash!
- Dog pull…Business Expo…Craft Extravaganza…Sledding Hill…Silent Auction…Pull Tabs…Food Vendors
Become A Sponsor
Contact Pat Whelan of PJW Racing to learn more about sponsorship opportunities for the Ham Lake Snow Bowl Fat Tire Race. We have a wide range of options for any budget and marketing strategy.