Hoping for a 4th Annual Fat Bike Event in 2021, Feb!
The entire Ham Lake Snowbowl including the bike event is presented by Twin Cities Gateway and The Blaine Festival. With their support we will continue to have a great overall event.
The course will wind through Ham Lake Park, on trails, through scenic woods areas and on the open lake area (If frozen of course). There will be elevation changes and some obstacles easily negotiable by all racers. Approx. 2.5 mile laps, depending on lake ice conditions.
We are hoping to pull off another fun ride in 2021 but want to make sure safety is our top priority.
All classes will ride together. All riders will be given a finish time.
Details still to be worked out but maybe 10 Mile or 7 Laps but we reserve the right to adjust ride lengths and time out on the course based on weather conditions. Just remembering some winter days are brutally cold.
Remember we have a big tent with heaters, food and beer to warm you up!
2020 Schedule/2021 may look similar. TBD
11:00 AM Registration Opens
11:45 Riders Meeting at the Start line
12:00 AM Start for all riders, staggered by classes
1:30 PM Fun times in the activity and food tent warming back up.
2:00 PM Award Presentations
Location, same as last year
Ham Lake City Park
1843 153rd Ave NE
Ham Lake, MN 55304
Registration, check back in December
Ham Lake’s premier winter event is fun for the whole family. There’s something for everyone:
- The Snowbowl Fat Tire Ride. In partnership with Pioneer Cycle.
- Winter Ruck, new in 2020, along the same course as the bike event, after bikers are done
- Ice Fishing Contest on Ham Lake—sponsored by the Three Rivers District Order of the Arrow. Ice conditions dependent.
- Snow Sculpture Contest—featuring award winning sculptors from all over the country, and even the world! Vote for your favorite.
- Broomball Tournament—bringing local teams together as well as those from surrounding states.
- Guess the Snow Sculpture Break-Through Date & Time and win cash!
- Follow clues to find the Snowbowl Medallion and win cash!
- Dog pull…Business Expo…Craft Extravaganza…Sledding Hill…Silent Auction…Pull Tabs…Food Vendors
Become A Sponsor
Contact Pat Whelan of PJW Racing to learn more about sponsorship opportunities for the Ham Lake Snow Bowl Fat Tire Race. We have a wide range of options for any budget and marketing strategy.